Friday, February 3, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday!

 Just a few days from the big game! What are you serving at your party? I'm sure you've all seen the food stadiums by now...sure they look so cool, it's really not my thing. But hey if a huge platter of meat and cheese is something you'd like to have, please make it and share your pictures! I did find one that was made of guacamole, cheese dip, and tortilla chips, now that's a stadium I could eat :) Back on track now... I like simple, easy party snack so I wanted to share a few recipes(click on the pictures for those that don't have recipes below it). Enjoy! 
  
Baked Jalapeno Poppers


Danielle's Guacamole!
 Ingredients:
3 avocados
2 tsp fresh lime juice
1 tomato
2 garlic cloves
1 jalapeno
cumin
pepper
Directions:
Cut avocados in half, remove pit, take the flesh out with a spoon, put in bowl. Use a fork to smash avocados to your liking(I like mine let a little chunky). Add lime juice and stir(lime juice helps prevent browning while adding flavor.) Next dice your tomato and jalapeno, stir into avocado. Use a garlic press to add the garlic cloves to the mixture. The simply season with cumin(I use about 2 tsp)
and add a few cranks of fresh ground pepper! And you have guacamole!

Buffalo Potato Wedges


Football Strawberries (so easy but so good and adorable!)
Photo by: domesticfits.com
Ingredients:
2 pounds strawberries
1 package dark chocolate chips
1 tsp. vegetable shortening(Spectrum brand is my favorite)
White icing( I make my own icing) or store bought frosting
wax paper, sheet pan, zip baggie
Directions:
Wash strawberries.Melt the dark chips and shortening in double boiler (I put a little water in a sauce pan, heat to simmer,add my chocolate to a metal bowl and place on top of sauce pan.) Once melted, dip all strawberries and place on wax paper lined sheet pan. The chocolate will harden within a few minutes. Put icing or frosting in baggie and zip shut, cut a tiny section off one corner and decorate your strawberries to look like footballs! So fun!

10 Super Cocktails for the Super Bowl!
 

No matter what team(go Pats!) you're rooting for, have fun and enjoy your company! One last thing, I pretty excited that both teams share colors, makes it a lot easier to decorate!


No comments:

Post a Comment